Monday, January 5, 2015

Anticipated Albums of Early 2015

I just thought I'd share a few albums I was looking forward to listening to that are coming out early in the year. I'll keep this brief and just share a few, though there are a ton of projects that I'm sure to enjoy this year.

Belle and Sebastian- Girls in Peacetime Want to Dance (1/19/2015)
I'm looking forward to the group's new album in about 5 years, and have always been a fan of their sound, which has been getting a lot fuller the past few years.










The Decemberists- What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World (1/20/2015)
I am a huge fan of the Decemberists, but had to say I was a little disappointed with the more poppy direction they took with The King Is Dead. I feel like they tried to over correct after the rock opera The Hazards of Love and watered down their songwriting a bit. I hope this will be a return to form.
















Father John Misty- I Love You, Honeybear (2/9/2015)
I have listened to a fair deal of Josh Tillman's projects, and was pleasantly surprised by his humorous and quirky Father John Misty moniker and the Fear Fun album. I hope he can keep this success going into his follow up record.
















of Montreal- Aureate Gloom (3/3/2015)
Kevin Barnes and company went in a different direction on their last album, Lousy with Sylvianbriar, and it was a direction I liked. Though I am a fan of their funk and dance influenced period, I thought diverging from that gave them some new creative energy, and am very interested to know  which direction they take on this project.















William Basinski- Cascade (3/2015)
William Basinski is a musical genius that mixes ambient music with tape loops to create emotionally crushing moods and beautiful soundscapes. I know this album will be business as usual, and that's all I can hope for.











So, check back in next time and I'll share my opinions on the surprise instrumental album from Death Grips, Fashion Week.

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

No comments:

Post a Comment