Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Track Review: Kanye West- FACTS


Image result for kanye west facts art

A happy new year to everyone (except those using the Chinese calendar I guess). I thought I'd share my thoughts on the track Kanye West dropped (or in my opinion, inflicted) on New Year's Eve. This track was a little problematic to me for a few reasons, so I thought I might vent.

-First of all, this track isn't even produced by Kanye. It's the instrumental to 'Jumpman', from that abortion of a collaboration Drake and Future cobbled together. Maybe I give Kanye too much credit, but I always thought he was better than biting Drake and Future.

-For all the talk of how Nike is struggling, and how they "can't give sh*t away", I always see people going crazy every time new Jordans come out, so....yeah....

-Are you proud that you're holding out on fans to shill overpriced shoes instead? I don't care if your sneakers "go platinum".

-That Kimoji line was stupid (not to mention the Jimmy Fallon one, the Bill Cosby one [are we comparing rape to forgetting someone's name at a pageant now?], the Mustard one, and countless others). "We" didn't make a million a minute. Your wife did. Are you that low on things to brag about that you have to resort to Kim Kardashian's accomplishments?

-Also, did your voice crack when you screamed on the track? Dude, you're almost forty. Puberty should be in the back window. Also, if you were going for a Meek Mill thing, do you seriously have your head that far up your ass that you didn't hear about him?

This track left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. If I had heard this before my top 10 anticipated albums of 2016, SWISH might not have been on it. Kanye has this way of being just so deluded that people want to here him pump himself up after yet another fashion brand shut him down. Is there no emotion or introspection in his music at all anymore? This next album is either going to be a total left field project that's sounded nothing like this track or the ones he dropped last year, or it'll just be a watered down continuation of the mindless egoism that's littered his music post 808s.


"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

No comments:

Post a Comment